Terms and Conditions
Rent Ruidoso.com Terms and Conditions
1. TO COMPLETE YOUR RESERVATION: (A) At the time you make your reservation a NON-REFUNDABLE PAYMENT of 25% (of the gross nightly rental rate) is due upon booking with the balance due upon arrival, except for Christmas/New Year. During December 21st through January 1st 50% of the TOTAL reservation is due upon booking the remaining 50% is due on November 1st. (B) TENANT must be 22 years of age, must have a valid ID and credit card (shown upon arrival) to make reservations. (C) Carefully review our Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions please call 877-762-1262.
2. Payment: The remaining balance of TENANTS reservation is due upon check in or prior to arrival. Rent Ruidoso.com LLC accepts Visa, Master Card, Discover or cash. You may divide up the remaining balance with others in your group.
3. Check in and Check out: Check in time is 3:00 pm MST (except for Christmas/New Year). Check out time is 11:00 am MST (except for Christmas/New Year). During December 21st through January 1st Check in time is 4:00 pm MST, Check out time is 10:00 am MST. If your property is available earlier check in may be allowed, please call the day before arrival for early check in information. Late check out may be allowed if the property is available, however there will be extra charges for late check outs.
5. Limitation on Occupants. TENANT shall not allow more than the MAXIMUM NUMBER OF OCCUPANTS to occupy the PROPERTY overnight. This is governed by The Village of Ruidoso Ordinance Sec. 54-106. If this term is violated you will be asked to vacant the property and no refunds will be allowed.
6. Cancelation Policy. Non-Holiday - If TENANT cancels reservation more than 14 days prior to arrival, the reservation will be canceled without any further monies due. Any monies already applied will be subject to ITEM (1 above) of this agreement. TENANT is responsible for the full amount of the reservation if canceled 14 or fewer days before the commencement of the TERM OF OCCUPANCY if property cannot be rebooked. TENANT may elect to move the reservation to a future date if dates are available. If Rent Ruidoso.com LLC. is able to find a substitute occupant for the TERM OF THE OCCUPANCY TENANT will be cleared from reservation responsibility. Please keep in mind we offer Travel Insurance at a cost of 6.95% of total reservation cost. If you elect to buy the Travel Insurance 100% of the total cost of the reservation will be due upon booking.
Holidays Christmas / New Years - If TENANT cancels their reservation prior to November 1st, a $150.00 Cancelation fee will be incurred and the balance of TENANT’S deposit will be promptly refunded. On November 1st and thereafter, reservations are considered to be guaranteed, there are NO REFUNDS. If a reservation is canceled on or after November 1st, no refunds will be made. Please keep in mind we offer Travel Insurance at a cost of 6.95% of total reservation cost. If you elect to buy the Travel Insurance 100% of the total cost of the reservation will be due upon booking.
7. Condition of Property. TENANT shall receive the property in reasonable and habitable condition and TENANT agrees to reasonably maintain the PROPERTY. TENANT shall be liable for any loss or breakage of the contents of the PROPERTY. If there is any breakage, damage or theft to the PROPERTY or the furnishings and appliances within the PROPERTY, TENANT shall notify Rent Ruidoso.com LLC; as soon as possible. TENANT shall be fully responsible for any breakage, damage or theft to the PROPERTY. In cases of theft and or damage, Rent Ruidoso.com LLC., will replace or repair any and all items at TENANT’S expense. Rent Ruidoso.com LLC. shall be given reasonable opportunity to repair any appliance that may break down during TENTANT's occupancy. If for some reason Rent Ruidoso.com LLC cannot get appliance fixed or replaced TENTANT may have to move to another property (if available). Rent Ruidoso.com LLC will not make refunds for items such as cable TV, internet, electric or gas outages. TENANT shall not undertake or authorize any repair of the property without the express authorization of Rent Ruidoso.com LLC.
8. Security Deposit: A NON-REFUNDABLE 25% of the lodging cost only will be due at booking with the remaining balance due upon arrival. Except for Christmas/New Year’s Holiday. Christmas/New Year 50% of the TOTAL reservation is due upon booking, the remaining 50% is due on November 1st.
A. As a part of your stay, you may purchase a Vacation Rental Damage Protection plan designed to cover unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. If purchased, the policy will pay a maximum benefit of $3,000.00. Any damages that exceed $3,000.00 or are not covered under the plan will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our rental properties, an insured person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or Replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $3,000.00. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy [insert link here if document is being sent electronically, www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/g20vrd. The Vacation Rental Damage plan can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Rent Ruidoso.com LLC any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage. Please contact Rent Ruidoso.com LLC directly if you do not wish to participate in this assignment. If you do not wish to purchase the Vacation Rental Damage Protection, a damage deposit will be required. B. TENANT shall pay replacement cost for any items of the owner’s tangible property that TENANT or his/her guests damage and which must be replaced that exceeds limits established in section C. Rent Ruidoso.com LLC. will provide TENANT an itemization of charges which form the basis of any amount charged to the credit card within 30 days of the date of TENANTs departure or on the last day of the TERM OF OCCUPANCY of this Rental Agreement, whichever is later. In this Agreement, the words the PROPERTY refer not only to the real property that TENANT will occupy, but also to the furniture, fixtures, appliances, art and accessories (the tangible property) located at the real property. TENANT shall be liable for all damage caused to Property. The credit limit on Tenant`s Credit Card does not constitute a cap on Tenant`s liability for damage to the property. If the authorized credit card on file with Rent Ruidoso.com LLC has a limit that will not allow for the entire amount owed for such damages etc. to the property, Tenant agrees to provide additional credit card or pay cash for full amount of all charges due.
9. Initial Cleaning and Additional Cleaning. The TOTAL DUE includes a onetime CLEANING FEE, which shall be applied to cleaning the PROPERTY at the end of the term. Rent Ruidoso.com LLC. Reserves the right to charge an additional cleaning fee on TENANT’S credit card if the condition of the PROPERTY upon the expiration of the TERM OF OCCUPANCY requires more cleaning than usual. If the TERM OF OCCUPANCY exceeds 4 weeks, TENANT shall allow the PROPERTY to be cleaned additional times during the TERM OF OCCUPANCY as set forth on the addendum and TENANT shall pay for such additional cleanings. All house cleanings of the PROPERTY shall be conducted by housekeepers contracted by Rent Ruidoso.com LLC. Tenant may be charged for professional carpet cleaning if needed. Some properties may have carpets that may show permanent stains, please understand these carpets have been cleaned and we are working with owners to replace the carpets.
10. Pet Policy. Some of our properties allow pets and some do not. Please respect the OWNERS wishes when we say no pets. In the event Pets are allowed on the leased premises, TENANT agrees to pay an additional non-refundable Pet Fee at the time of signing of the lease in the onetime amount of $45.00 per pet, and TENANT further agrees to pay for any additional cleaning and or damages of the property at the end of the lease term at TENANT’S expense. Rent Ruidoso.com LLC reserves the right to charge a $200.00 clean up fee on pets that are not disclosed prior to tenancy in properties that do not allow pets.. Pets in approved properties shall be Dog(s) ONLY NO CATS ALLOWED in any of Rent Ruidoso.com LLC Properties. TENANT agrees to be responsible for any damages and or extra cleaning due to pet.
11. Remote Control and Key Return Policy. A $25.00 charge will be incurred in the event TENANT loses or misplaces a key. In the event any remote control is lost, tenant shall pay for the cost of replacement of the remote control device. All keys, garage openers shall be returned to the offices of Rent Ruidoso.com LLC at 366 Sudderth Drive Ruidoso, NM at the termination of the lease term.
12. TENANT’S Conduct on Property. NO SMOKING IS ALLOWED in any of Rent Ruidoso.com LLC PROPERTIES. If TENANT and or Guests smoke inside a property there will be a charge of $300.00. NO OUTDOOR FIRES ARE PERMITTED. TENANT shall not allow any pets within any non-pet friendly property. No recreational vehicles, campers, motor homes, or the like shall be kept on the PROPERTY without prior written approval from Rent Ruidoso.com LLC. TENANT shall comply with all laws of the Village of Ruidoso, Lincoln County and The State of New Mexico also any condominium association rules, neighborhood association rules or restrictive covenants that may apply to the PROPERTY, and it is TENANT’S obligation to inquire into the substance of such rules or covenants should TENANT desire to determine their applicability to TENANT’S activities. TENANT shall not violate any laws while occupying the PROPERTY. PLEASE RESPECT OUR PROPERTIES AND IT’S NEIGHBORS. Sound travels louder in the mountains, please respect the neighbors and take it in doors after 10:00 pm.
13. Guests. TENANT’S guests shall be subject to the limitations on conduct set forth in the preceding paragraph and it shall be TENANT’S obligation to enforce compliance with TENANT’S guests. TENANT agrees to assume all legal responsibility for the acts and conduct of any of TENANT’S guests and to assure compliance with all house rules.
14. No Assignment. TENANT may not transfer or assign this agreement and TENANT may neither let nor sublet the PROPERTY or any part of the PROPERTY without written consent of Rent Ruidoso.com LLC.
15. Right of Entry. The Owner or the Owners’ agent, Rent Ruidoso.com LLC. , or an agent designated by either of them, may enter the PROPERTY at any reasonable time to inspect, repair, maintain or show the PROPERTY.
16. Environmental Conditions; Assumption of Risk.
A. Environmental Conditions. An unknown condition at a property can cause illness or injury to the occupants of the property. Increasingly, cases are reported in which occupants of a property suffer illness or injury as a consequence of unknown environmental conditions, such as mold or residue from household products (such as cleaning products and air fresheners). Under this Agreement, TENANT is renting a residential dwelling, not a room, suite or other accommodation on Rent Ruidoso.com LLC premises. This and the fact that some Furnished Rental properties are unoccupied for extended periods of time make detection of such conditions more difficult. Neither the Owner nor Rent Ruidoso.com LLC. are qualified to detect environmental conditions, such as molds or residue from household products, that may cause illness or injury. With reasonable advance notice, Rent Ruidoso.com LLC. shall allow TENANT (and/or TENANTs qualified inspector) to inspect the PROPERTY for such conditions prior to the commencement of the TERM OF OCCUPANCY so that TENANT may ascertain the suitability of the PROPERTY for TENANT (and Rent Ruidoso.com LLC. shall make a good faith effort to offer alternative accommodations if an objectionable condition is found). If you become suspicious that such a condition exists at the Property, we ask that you promptly report your suspicion to Rent Ruidoso.com LLC.
B. Assumption of Risk. Tenant, for him/herself and for all those that occupy the PROPERTY during TENANT’S TERM OF OCCUPANCY, hereby agrees to ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL ILLNESS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM AN UNKNOWN ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITION on or near the PROPERTY, such as mold or residue from household products, and to waive any claim for damages that TENANT or such other occupants could asset against Owner, Rent Ruidoso.com LLC or Ruidoso New Mexico Real Estate for such injuries. A copy of Mold General Information is attached hereto and incorporated herein by reference as Exhibit A.
17. Risk of Loss to Property. Owners’, Rent Ruidoso.com’s LLC and Ruidoso New Mexico Real Estate insurance does not cover loss or damage to TENANT’S personal possessions. TENANT shall bear the risk of loss of all TENANT’S property. The PROPERTY is not protected by an alarm system. (If an alarm system is installed at the PROPERTY, it will not be operable during your occupancy of the PROPERTY). If TENANT’S or Guest of TENANT’S trigger an alarm to go off a $60 fee will be charged to TENANT’S credit card. Rent Ruidoso.com LLC. and the Owner shall have no duty regarding security of the PROPERTY.
18. Indemnification and Hold Harmless. Neither Rent Ruidoso.com LLC, Ruidoso New Mexico Real Estate nor the Owner shall be liable for any injury or damage to persons or property arising from act or omission of TENANT, TENANT’S family, TENANT’S guests, TENANT’S invitees or visitors. Neither Rent Ruidoso.com LLC, Ruidoso New Mexico Real Estate nor the Owner will be liable for losses or damages to TENANT’S property by theft, vandalism, fire, smoke, water, rain, hail, ice, snow, explosion, acts of God, acts of other residents, or any other causes other than as a direct and proximate result of the gross negligence of Agent or Owner. TENANT will hold harmless Rent Ruidoso.com LLC, Ruidoso New Mexico Real Estate and the Owner, and their employees and agents, from any liability due to loss or damage to the property of TENANT or others present on the PROPERTY from any cause other than gross negligence or the intentional acts of Rent Ruidoso.com LLC, Ruidoso New Mexico Real Estate, the Owner or their employees and agents.
19. Substitute Property. Rent Ruidoso.com LLC operating under the New Mexico Qualifying Brokerage License of Ruidoso New Mexico Real Estate, is a real estate broker and an agent for the Owner of the PROPERTY. Neither Ruidoso New Mexico Real Estate nor Rent Ruidoso.com LLC. is an Owner of the PROPERTY. Should the PROPERTY reserved become unavailable, Rent Ruidoso.com LLC will attempt to provide you with a comparable property or they will refund your money. If Rent Ruidoso.com LLC. is unable to offer you alternative accommodations, the liability of Rent Ruidoso.com LLC and Ruidoso New Mexico Real Estate to TENANT shall be limited ONLY to the refund of all sums paid by TENANT for the Property. Rent Ruidoso.com LLC and Ruidoso New Mexico Real Estate shall have no additional liability to TENANT, such as for compensatory, consequential or punitive damages.
20. Supplies. The following supplies and amenities are provided upon your arrival (if you should need additional supplies please plan to bring with you or purchase in Ruidoso as needed) 3 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, 2 rolls of paper towels, 1 kitchen sponge, 2 loads laundry detergent, 1 dish washing soap, 1 Lemi-Shine Dishwashing Detergent 4 dish washer soap tablets, Several trash bags, some all-purpose cleaning supplies, 1 Broom, 1 Mop, 1 Vacuum Cleaner. Rent Ruidoso.com DOES NOT SUPPLY FIREWOOD.
21. Air Conditioning. 1. The property that you lease may or may not have air conditioning. Please refer to our Website for property amenities and confirm with your leasing agent.
22. Mechanical and Electronic Malfunctions. Rent Ruidoso.com LLC. will make all reasonable efforts to insure that all mechanical systems are working property, including malfunctions and repairs. TENANT agrees to notify Rent Ruidoso.com LLC. of any defect in any mechanical or electronic system. No REFUNDS will be made by the Owner of said property and or Rent Ruidoso.com LLC if for any reason a mechanical, electronic system malfunctions during occupancy.
23. Hot Tub. In the event the leased property has a hot tub, TENANT is required to sign the waiver (provided below **), release and indemnity agreement which is attached hereto as Exhibit A, and incorporated herein by reference. Any Hot Tub used by TENANT and or GUEST of TENANT that water has to be changed due to unreasonable usage TENANT will be charged $65.00 to TENTANT'S Credit Card.
24. Disputes. TENANT shall be liable for attorney’s fees and expenses incurred by the Owner or Rent Ruidoso.com LLC. (Their agents and contractors) should TENANT breach this agreement or in the event TENANT does not prevail in any claim brought by TENANT against Owner and/or Rent Ruidoso.com LLC. The laws of the State of New Mexico shall govern any and all disputes between the parties to this Agreement. Venue for any legal action between the parties shall be Lincoln County, New Mexico.
25. TENANT’S Warranty. TENANT hereby warrants and represents that TENANT is authorized to sign this agreement and the OPEN CREDIT CARD VOUCHER and is not relying on any prior oral or written representations of the Owner or Rent Ruidoso.com LLC.
**EXHIBIT HOT TUB AND WATER FEATURE WAIVER, RELEASE AND INDEMNITY
The owners (Owners) of (the Property) have, by their agent, Rent Ruidoso.com LLC., (Agent), by written instrument (the Lease), leased the Property to the undersigned (collectively, Tenant). The Property consists of a residence and certain other improvements including hot tub (Hot Tub). Tenant understands that Owners and Agent are not responsible for supervision of and will not supervise use of the Hot Tub and Hot Tub area by Tenant, TENANT’s immediate family, TENANT’S invitees or other persons who may come upon the Property during the term of the Lease. Tenant further understands and is aware that use of a Hot Tub and Hot Tub area involves a risk of injury to any and all parts of my body, and that use of the Hot Tub and Hot Tub area by Tenant, TENANT’S immediate family and TENANT’S invitees will be undertaken with knowledge of the DANGER involved. Tenant, on behalf of itself, members of its immediate family and its invitees, hereby expressly and freely agrees to assume and accept all risks of injury or death which may result from use of the Pool or Hot Tub and Hot Tub area and to advise all others using the Hot Tub and Hot Tub area during the term of the Lease of such risks and danger. Tenant further agrees to take all reasonable precautions to prohibit unauthorized persons from using the Hot Tub and Hot Tub area during the term of the Lease. Tenant also understands that undertaking such activities at approximately 7,000+ feet above sea level may affect a personal performances and abilities. Tenant represents to Owners that Tenant, TENANT’S immediate family and TENANT’S invitees have no physical impairment(s) or problems, which would adversely affect their ability to participate in water sports or Hot Tub activities. For good and valuable consideration, TENANT HEREBY AGREES TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE OWNERS AND ALL AGENTS and their respective heirs, successors and assigns from any and all responsibility or liability for injuries or damages to Tenant, members of its immediate family or its invitees and to any other person arising from use of the Hot Tub and Hot Tub area by any person during the term of the Lease. Further, TENANT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS OWNERS AND ALL AGENTS from any and all liabilities, damages, claims, causes of action and the like, including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, arising from the use by any person of the Hot Tub and Hot Tub area during the term of the Lease. Tenant understands that they shall carry insurance sufficient to cover any claims arising from Hot Tub activities on the Property. Tenant hereby acknowledges that Tenant has had the opportunity to read this Waiver, Release and Indemnity and has done so carefully and fully. Tenant has signed this Waiver, Release and Indemnity knowingly, voluntarily and with full appreciation of its meaning and effect.